Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WWW Wednesday and Half-Marathon Training Update

5 Things You Need to Know About Portion Control

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the LIVE STRONG website developed by Lance Armstrong & Company (you all remember the yellow rubber bracelets that EVERYONE wore for awhile!), but it is a great resource for all things exercise, dieting, healthy living, etc.  So go check it out!

That article is a brief review on how to practice portion control in your daily life, but there are literally hundreds of awesome articles on this site, so go there!  NOW! :)

There is also a really cool feature on this website called "The Daily Plate" that allows the user to track each and every morsel of food that enters his/her mouth.  This feature is also AMAZING because they have a Blackberry App for it!  So, if you're a food journal-er (Carrie Underwood is!  And she has a hot bod!), check out "The Daily Plate."  You won't regret it!

Alrighty, I wanted to give a quick update on my training for the San Diego Half-Marathon.  NON-EXISTENT!  I had the worst training week of my life last week!  I only ran once and then I took a weekend trip to Michigan and didn't get back until yesterday afternoon, so... Yeah.  Encourage me.  I'm printing out some training schedules right now because I need some motivation! :)

Have a fantastic Hump Day!

xo, c

No comments:

Post a Comment