Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Dreadmill.

My love hate relationship with the dreadmill.


What could be better than having access to running anytime you want in the privacy of your own home, wearing what you want, listening to/watching what you want, during any kind of weather? Sounds perfect right?

As I trained for the half, the treadmill was my best friend. Now I cannot even walk past the room with the treadmill without having bitter feelings that then turn to guilt for not using it much as I should.

I always wondered how people could spend so much money on a piece of equipment, and then let it turn into a clothes hanger. I haven’t gone that far, but I need to reestablish my relationship with the treadmill before things go too far. To do this, I'm bribing myself.  If I can get back ontrack this week I'm going to treat myself to a new pair of running shoes when I head to the big city of Denver next week.

Check out this months issue of Runner's World or the website Runner's World! They review all the new models of running shoes.  I'm most excited to try these BROOKS GLYCERIN 8!!!

16 weeks until San Diego, time to get excited! I cannot wait for spring and to get out of the house to do some trail running with my best running pal, ODIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment