Sorry I haven't posted in forever! Busy week. My dog came down with a really odd illness, ended up having surgery, and is still in the doggy hospital, but finally on the mend. Anyways! Now you've got the update. Let me post a few things that should've been posted (www wednesday, recipe, and training schedule) before today...
The Fitnessista -- This is an awesome website developed by a personal trainer and food guru. Check it out!
This is so good, you MUST try this pizza!
- Any whole wheat pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 tomato sauce (I used the kind from Whole Foods, but any brand is good)
- 1 can of artichokes
- 1 small bag of cherry tomatos (on the vine)
- 1 small carton of mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Chop artichokes. Towel dry the artichokes with a paper towel.
- Soak mushrooms and artichokes in balsamic vinegar. Stir the mixture so they are coated.
- Slice tomatoes. Remove seeds and towel dry with a paper towel.
- Brush olive oil on the pizza crust.
- Spread tomato sauce on the pizza crust. There will not be much sauce on the pizza, but I don't like a lot of sauce... Add more if you wish!
- Add toppings.
- If you do eat cheese/dairy, feel free to add cheese to the pizza now. I think fancy shredded parmesan or goat cheese would be tasty!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tomatoes look nice and charred! (Yes, I love them almost burned!)
Sunday -- 5 miles
Monday -- stretch and strengthen (pilates or 30-Day Shred)
Tuesday -- 3.5 miles
Wednesday -- cross-train
Thursday -- 3.5 miles and strengthen (30-Day Shred)
Friday -- rest
Saturday -- cross-train
Ok, that's all for now!