Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Have fun!

All winter running felt like a chore, so more often than not I decided not to do it! Over the past couple of weeks I got slapped in the face by reality, and had to accept the fact that ready or not, the June 6th half marathon is approaching whether I'm ready or not.


I took a tip from Christine's blog about other activities she does for cross training, and dusted off the jump rope. I then challenged Sleeping Giant to a jump-off (hollllaaaaa). Are you wondering who won? Come on, do you really think I would blog about this brilliant idea if it was not I that prevailed?


We then took turns running intervals on the treadmill, this was actually fun. First we walked for 5 min, then jog at 4 mph, then a run at 5 mph. During the rest period, we each did some cleaning up around the house and getting ready for the following day. There was no fighting for treadmill time or sacrificing household chores to run.

If you have a buddy use them for inspiration, push each other! Friends push each other to bring out the best in one another and want success for the other. A "Friends" use competition to foster her insecurities and hopes to win to make her feel better. So, be sure to find a FRIEND and not a "FRIEND"! I'm so lucky that Christine and sleeping Giant are friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment