Friday, March 26, 2010

A few things I've been doing...

Hi All...

I just wanted to give you a few updates in regards to my training for the big halfer in SD. First of all, San Diego is really sunny, so I've put a lot of effort into my tan recently.... ok just kidding. I'm not really funny today. I'll stop :)
  • I have SLOWLY started to incorporate egg whites and low-fat cheese into my diet. I have no intention of ever eating as much dairy as I used to, but I do miss those foods and its hard to go completely vegan especially while eating out. I will say this, my headaches have drastically improved and I will definitely be monitoring my dairy intake to see if this was indeed the culprit for all of the headaches I used to have. PS. Meat still makes me want to vomit, so I don't think I'll be bringing that back into the old repertoire anytime soon.
  • I am on day 6 of the 30 DAY SHRED with Jillian Michaels. Oh. My. God. This chick is crazy. I'm not in a ton of pain after the workouts, per se, but I think that may be because my entire body is in shock and I don't even know what pain feels like anymore. This is a pretty tough workout but only 20 minutes long so its easy to stick with... and I start Level Two today, so wish me luck. This DVD is awesome and its only $9.00 at Target, so you might as well get it. Let me tell you this much, its kicking my biceps into high gear (a lot more pain than the Shake Weight).
  • Also, and I'm about to sound like a massive dork here, but I've been doing a lot of jump roping with weights on my ankles. "Now Christine, why would you  have ankle weights?" you ask.... Well, I'm six feet tall and when I was in highschool my dad was still really bummed that he didn't have a son and he offered to buy me any car I wanted if I got really serious about a sport (basketball, perhaps?) and learned to DUNK. Well, obviously for an uncoordinated loser like myself, this was going to take some serious working out. Well, my aunt told me that her brother-in-law could dunk(who was only 5'10" and played bball at Marquette) and I asked her what he did... she said "well I think he just jump roped with weights on his ankles..." and the rest is history. I never did learn to dunk so instead of "any car I wanted," I got a pretty sweet CAMRY. Then, after that Camry, I got another Camry and then a company car... So yeah, I'm still waiting on that Bentley. But, to make a very long and rather lame story short, this jump roping will tear up your calves and quads like nobody's business. Trust me, I know, I'm an elite athlete here.
  • I have been doing lots of outdoor power walks lately instead of runs... My knees KILL me when I run outside (that's why I'm such a slave to the treadmill) and this walking thing has actually really helped a lot... I've been trying to do one long run and several short walks a week outside and I really feel my joints getting stronger. Or maybe I'm just delirious from Jillian Michaels. Who knows. I'll keep you updated.
Well I know I mentioned before that I've been keeping a gratitude journal...

I am grateful for the SUNNY weather!

Anyone who knows me knows I hate clouds, cold, snow, rain, sleet, etc.  Basically this means I hate Wisconsin, period. But lately we've had some nice, sunny weather! Which is awesome! I love it and I hope it never leaves! Yay sun!

Alright, peace out!

xo, c

1 comment:

  1. The 30 Day Shred, you say? You've captured my interest with the "only 20 minutes" part, and the "only $9.00 at Target" part. You'll be smokin' hot in no time...I mean even more so! :)

    ReplyDelete