Thursday, March 11, 2010

Race Updates, Speed Training, Gratitude Journal

Happy Thursday Everyone! 

First and foremost... we are less than 90 days away from the San Diego Half-Marathon. Woooo! How excited am I to spend an awesome weekend in an awesome city with the awesomest person in the world? VERY EXCITED! And let me tell you the best part... we are only doing a HALF! After much deliberation (full or half, half or full, full or half, half or full?!?!), we decided that a half marathon would be the best option for us in San Diego. Now, here's the biggest bestest news of all... WE ARE DOING A FULL MARATHON TOGETHER IN LAS VEGAS THIS DECEMBER!

There are two reasons we chose Las Vegas. Awesome hotels. Awesome shopping. Additionally, it will be our third "Rock 'n' Roll" race in the 2010 calendar year, so we'll get a killer medal. If you're privileged enough to know Les or me personally, you know that we are both extremely competitive people and any sort of "special award" or "limited edition" type of medal will have both of us jet-setting to god knows where to collect our prize. So there you have it, see ya in Vegas!

Today I read an awesome article on speed training on the Runner's World website. I'd link you to it, but I think you're smart and you can find it on your own. Actually I'm kidding, I just can't find it now and I'm being lazy. Regardless of the article, something I took away from the article is that I need to try working out on the track once in awhile and pay attention to my stride and make sure I'm making the most of these long legs.

Lastly, I'm keeping a gratitude journal starting, well, today. The first thing I'm grateful for is the weather. It has been super cloudy, but decently warm (40s-50s) in Wisconsin the last few days. This is awesome because it has allowed me to run twice outside in the last two days. YESSSSS! So that's entry #1: the weather. Check back soon to see what else I'm grateful for... :)

Have a great day!

xo, c

No comments:

Post a Comment