Monday, November 30, 2009

10k Follow-Up

As you know, I trained to fun a 10k on Thanksgiving morning in San Diego. The weather for the race was perfect running weather. At the start of the race the temp reached about 60 with a nice cool breeze. I resisted the urge to have too many drinks at dinner the night before, and rested up by going to sleep early.

There were a decent amount of people, but not so crowded that you couldn't quickly find your rhythm. The course winded through the streets of the gas lamp district of downtown. To complete the race, runners ran the same loop two times.

I felt pretty good and set a PR of 52:32. Still awaiting the official results, but I'm very happy with the time.

I'm also thinking about doing another 10k race this weekend in Moab, Utah. I'm a bit under the weather with a little cold right now. So, as long as this doesn't get worse I'm going to do the run, that will be my last chance to race before running in PF Changes Half Marathon in Jan.

I'd also like to thank the guys at Movin Shoes in Del Mar for taking the time and care needed to help me find a new pair of running shoes. It's a great store with great staff just north of Del Mar. Check out their website: http://www.movinshoes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment