Monday, November 9, 2009

17 days til 10ks

17 days from today is the "10k Run for the Hungry" in Sannnn Diego. I have been keeping to the training program for the most part. For those of you who are just starting to follow the blog, Christine, my dad, and I are all following Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training Program. We are just starting week 4, average weekly runs are at 3.5 miles and the long runs are now at 5 miles.

As I mentioned last week, with my new job I'm having a hard time committing to my after-work runs, so today was my first morning run. Things got off to a good start, I actually got out of bed at 6:00 when my alarm sounded. I tip-toed out of the room, careful not to wake the sleeping giant or the dogs...success. I laced up my shoes and picked the sleepies from my eyes, Ipod on and I'm ready. I step on the treadmill and press start. BOOM. I blew the fuse...again. I go into the garage and flip the fuse switch, and go back upstairs. No luck, back down again, I'm sure I can figure this out without waking anyone up. Back downstairs. Flip. Back upstairs. DAMMMNNNNIITTT. Still no luck, the dogs are now up and wondering who is making all the noise. Now the part I'm dreading, waking the sleeping giant, I assured him the night before that he wouldn't hear a thing if I got up early to run.

Back downstairs. I observe as he flips the same switch, in the exact same way I did (TWICE). Yes, back in business. Only 35 min. left for the run. I felt good, and what felt better was getting to work and crossing off my workout for the day, before my day really even got started. Here is to hoping that tomorrow goes a bit more smoothly.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment