Thursday, November 12, 2009

I LOVE TO INTERVIEW TOO!

I too love going on job interviews. My most recent was for my current position. I had to travel to Denver, and I met with all three partners in the firm. The interview was almost 3 hours and it was rapid fire the entire time. I loved every single second of it. During the open house for the branch office of the firm I'm working for one of the partners says to me as I'm standing next to Sleeping Giant, " You gave one hell of an interview!" Sleeping Giant says to him, "Yeah she just loves to interview." Hey thanks for throwing me under the bus! Anyway...

I think Christine makes a great point about making time to fit a run into your day. It's going to be hard when you start working again, the stress increases and your time is no longer unlimited. But, I think this is the time when running helps the most. I first got hooked on running because I needed something, besides drugs/booze, to help me deal with the stress of law school at night and a full time job.

There is simply no better remedy for stress than putting on that ipod and getting into the running zone. I'm not talking about the runners high. I'm just talking about that zone that, for me comes about 7 min. into my run. My mind disconnects from my body and it's effortless. At that point, I'm able to put aside everything that is weighing on my mind, and I physically feel lighter on my feet and I can just run...run...run....

If I had not figured this out during law school, I don't know if I ever would have slept. I think it's important for both your mind and body to be tired at the end of the day. So, on that note, Christine I'm so proud of you for getting into running. You inspire me daily. I cannot wait to cross the finish line with you in Phoenix on January 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment