Monday, December 7, 2009

30 before I'm 30 (gassssppp!)

For all of you that have the pleasure of knowing me personally (hehehe :), you know that I hate 3 things. Snakes, Weddings, and my Birthday. Snakes, for obvious reasons, THEY SUCK. Weddings, who knows why, since I was a child I could barely handle them and I still make every excuse in the book to not go. And finally my Birthday! For all of you girls out there who have known me since the college days, you know I have HORRIBLE birthday luck. I mean, horrible. Everything from, well, I won't even go there, its just bad. Its so odd, there are even pictures of me as a little girl covering my ears while I blew out my candles as the kids at my party sang "happy birthday" to me. Who does that?! Kids are supposed to love their birthday!

Anyways, that brings me to this post. Two birthdays from now (NOT this coming birthday :)... I will be turning thirty. Yes, its finally almost here. I truly believe 30 is the new 20, just not for me! I think all my thirty year old friends are still drop dead gorgeous and look the same, if not better, than they did ten years ago, but I just don't think that about myself! So, in efforts to get some positive vibes around 06.10.2011, I'm creating a list of thirty goals for myself to get excited for the big 3-0. A lot of these goals are running/health related, but there are some generic personal growth goals on the list as well.

1. Finish a half-marathon (notice that does not say "run/sprint" or give a certain amount of time... I very well might be crawling over the finish line, but I'll finish!)

2. Go on a mini-vaca with Addy (for any of you that don't know, I'm a single mom to probably the cutest and smartest two and a half year old girl in the world, maybe even the universe... but she and I have never traveled anywhere alone! So its time to plan something fun!)

3. Live alone (for me this is huge, a. because I've either always lived with my parents, roommates or Addy's dad and b. I am petrified of being home alone. I feel like this is a fear that I might be able to conquer and why not? I'm only almost 30, jeez!)

4. Go an entire month without chocolate and wine (these are my huge vices, so it might be good to make a few sacrifices for the sake of my liver and my thighs and give them up for a little while.)

5. Move past the past (yes, I'm the only girl in the universe that still talks about the baggage I have from my college boyfriend 10 years ago, and he was actually a great person. Its time to take ownership for my own faults and shortcomings and not blame some lame guy I dated in 4th grade or my parents.)

TO BE CONTINUED...

On to bigger and brighter things, I had a great run today, oh no wait, I didn't. I worked all day. However I did have a great OUTDOOR **this is key for me, I hate running outside** run on Saturday. I've been really trying hard to complete at least a third of my runs outside because I know come January, I'm going to be kicking myself if my body is still 100% used to the treadmill.

Anyways, I'm tired. Night kiddies!

xo, c

No comments:

Post a Comment