Thursday, October 29, 2009

Update

So far so good this week. I am on track with my training program this week. I am once again getting the running addiction. I hit this point about 2 years ago when I first got into running. I don't know how to explain it other than running no longer feels like something I MUST do, it's something I NEED to do to feel like I had a productive day.

This is the point when my body starts to crave the benefits of a good run. I love this feeling. The weight is starting to fall off and my clothes are fitting differently. Then comes the best part, this amazing transformation your body takes as it adapts to running. The more you run the better you feel and the more muscle you gain and fat you lose, the faster you can run...and on and on. When I think about how awesome this feels I wonder how I ever got out of the habit of running in the first place?

Regardless if you have fallen out of the habit or never got into it, there is no time like the present to start.

On tap this weekend is a 3 mile run today, a yoga class on Saturday and my long run on Sunday. It looks like there will be a break in the snowfall this weekend and warmer temps down in the valley. I plan to get out of the mountains and do a nice trail run on Sunday on the 5 mile stretch of river trail that Odie and I love. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Christine - Hope you get to feeling better soon. Keep drinking the Throat Coat herbal tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment