Sunday, October 25, 2009

Listen to your body...

A training program on paper is easier said than done. Since Friday I have been fighting some type of virus, manifesting itself as a rash all over my chest and neck. Per the Dr.'s orders I'm to take it easy for the weekend. I felt pretty good on Saturday so I did a three mile run and some ab work. However Sunday, today, is a different story.

Anytime I feel like I do not want to run on a training day, I make a deal with myself. I tell my self, "Self if you just get going and complete one mile, you can decide if you want to keep going or quit." Most of the time I just keep going, but sometimes I cannot continue. Today is one of those days. After sleeping for an astounding 10 hours straight, something I normally do not do, I got on the treadmill. My body fought me the entire first mile. I'd like to thank Chris and Christine for coining the phrase, "my body rejected the run."

Sometimes that just happens, your body just says not today. The key is knowing when your body is trying to trick you into not running and when it's really telling you to take it easy. I strongly believe in pushing yourself to your limits, within reason. If I'm feeling pain, I'll try to run through it for a bit, if it continues I stop stretch and listen to what my body is telling me...


http://www.kathyloperevents.com/hungry/
32 Days and counting. Bo and I registered today for the 10K.

No comments:

Post a Comment