Thursday, October 29, 2009

So my Mom thinks I have the swine flu...

If any of you know my Mom, then you can totally appreciate the title of this blog. I am SO SICK of getting SO SICK every fall and winter! I don't know why, but I have consistently (since ohhh about 1998) gotten a cold that lasts about 4 months starting late October or early November every year. It drives me crazy! Anyways, this year it really came on like a lion and my Mom is convinced that I have the swine. Why? I have no idea. She also thinks I need to sleep more and stop eating brownie mix in the middle of the night, but what does she know?!

To make a long story short, this major bout with illness (whatever it may be, a severe cold, H1N1, hypochondria...etc) has prevented me from running since Saturday. I did, however, take a two mile power walk yesterday, I don't know if that counts for anything! I hope it does! Anyways, I'm hoping to be back on the treadmill (running, not walking) by tomorrow or Friday at the very latest. These training weeks are very important to me and I hate missing long runs because it makes me feel like I won't be able to catch up...

So anyways, since I was too sick to run, I figured, what the heck, I'm gonna have some major time on my hands here, and I decided to set the bar fairly high for myself. Check out the week's accomplishments thus far:
  • finished making (yes, you read that correctly, MAKING) Addy's Halloween costume
  • slept about 75 hours in 4 days
  • lived on nachos and ice cream (I always do this when I'm sick. It's like how I justify buying Combos and HoHos whenever I'm on a road trip)
  • watched "Finding Nemo" about 80 times
  • went tanning one time and proceeded to get a major sunburn (this was was the one time I actually left the house)
  • put gas in the car

Whew! What a week! I'm beat.

Catch you all on the flip side. Maybe I'll have something productive to share with you next time! ;)

xo, c

No comments:

Post a Comment