Wednesday, April 7, 2010

So Far So Good...

This week brings the 60 day countdown to the San Diego half marathon on June 6th. At the 60 day mark there is little room for error and every run counts. Training for the last half marathon, I did a lot of long boring runs on the treadmill, probably going slower than I should have, just to get it over with.


This time around, I am trying to train with more of a purpose. I am really working on my speed and working toward a time goal for finishing the race (my goal for the pervious race was just to cross the finish line still alive). This time I am incorporating a lot of interval training.


With the weather still not conducive to much outdoor running here, the battle for time on the treadmill continues to be ongoing with Sleeping Giant. To compromise we alternate 5 min on the treadmill and 5 min of cross training using dumbbells, the exercise ball, and incline bench. This makes the time fly by! It also pushes me to run harder and faster. We will see if it pays off!

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment