Monday, April 26, 2010

Canyon Ranch Cookies

Hey All,

Happy Monday!  I don't know if any of you have heard of the Canyon Ranch (in AZ, FL, and MA) but its a chichi resort known for its fantastic spa, healthy food, and gorgeous locales. Every so often while I'm trolling the internet, I find their recipes and some of them are quite good! Yesterday I decided to try their healthy version of the chocolate chip cookie. Here is the recipe:

Canyon Ranch Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup lowfat cream cheese
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 egg yolks
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a baking dish with canola oil (I used vegetable oil, I'm sure you could substitute Pam if you don't feel like making a huge mess with paper towel and oil like I did).
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and brown sugar on low speed with an electric mixer. Agg egg yolk and vanilla and mix on low until just combined.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to butter mixter and mix by hand until combined.
  4. Portion heaping teaspoonfuls (or use a 3/4 ounce scoop) onto baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 7 minutes. Lightly flatten cookies with finger (I just used a spoon, I didn't feel like getting blisters on my hands). Rotate baking sheet and bake an additional 3 minutes.
FYI -- I think you could add oatmeal to these if you want a more substantial cookie and added fiber.

Makes approximately 38 cookies

Serving size: 1 cookie
85 calories
3 grams of fat
1 gram of protein
0 grams of fiber

Here's my schedule for the week:

Sunday -- 5k race (I actually did 5k hill powerwalk)
Monday -- stretch and strengthen (pilates and 30 day shred)
Tuesday -- 4.5 miles
Wednesday -- cross-train (bike or elliptical)
Thursday -- 4.5 miles and strengthen (30 day shred)
Friday -- rest
Saturday -- 50 minutes cross-train (bike)
Sunday -- 7 miles

I'm joining a gym tonight. I'm so excited!

xo, c

No comments:

Post a Comment