Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Runner's World and Real Simple

Good morning my fabulous four readers... :)

I absolutely love magazines and I wanted to share two little snippets from two magazines I just got in the mail.  As most of you already know, I am a pretty avid New York Times, Wall Street Journal US Weekly reader because I like to keep up with world news, politics, the economy current fashion trends, celeb diet tips, and Hollywood gossip, you know, things that actually matter. However, these tips are from Runner's World and Real Simple. 

I rely entirely on my Dad for political information which is why I still think Ronald Regan is president. And the economy's good, right? Cool. This is said somewhat tongue-in-cheek as I do think my Dad is the smartest person alive, but alas, I do have some of my own opinions... ;)

Runner's World October 2010
(Jenny Crain feature on page 23)
I blogged awhile ago about Jenny Crain (elite runner from Milwaukee, WI) and her struggle to live again after a tragic accident. Against all odds, her speech, memory and mobility have greatly improved and she is now walking again on an anti-gravity treadmill and participating in local races in an adult jogger. What a great story, I hope she continues along on the path to recovery. Kudos to her!

Real Simple September 2010
Interval Training feature on page 158)
If you're looking for a way to introduce hill-work into your walk/run, check this out. It only takes 15 minutes and I swear, its easy. Here's the gist of it:
  •  0:00 - 3:00 (3.5 miles/hour -- 0 percent incline)
  • 3:00 - 5:00 (4.0 miles/hour -- 0 percent incline)
  • 5:00 - 8:00 (3.5 miles/hour -- 4 percent incline)
  • 8:00 - 11:00 (3.5 miles/hour -- 6 percent incline)
  • 11:00 - 13:00 (4.5 miles/hour -- 4 percent incline)
  • 13:00 - 15:00 (3.5 miles/hour -- 0 percent incline)
Easy peasy! Right? Hope you give it a try!

So this is totally off-topic but does anyone watch the Real Housewives of New Jersey? I absolutely ADORE Caroline Manzo. I mean, I wish I could be her, that's how much I love her. But anyways, did you all just die when she looked at Danielle and said "We are in the OK CORRAL, so buckle up and let's ride. Yippy Ki Yi Yay!" Too funny. I love this chick. Next time Addy ticks me off, I might just use that line on her and see if it makes her shape up a little... Speaking of Addy, all the kids in the subdivision started school yesterday and I was really tempted to just put her on bus and see if they'd take her, but ehhh, I'd probably get in trouble for that, since she's uhhh 3. Only 728 days until her first day of kindergarten!


Have a great day!


xo, c

No comments:

Post a Comment