Friday, September 3, 2010

my week in running...

Hi All!


It was a STEAMY week here in Michigan. I'm talking like mid-to-upper 80s all this week until some sort of cool front moved in and now its really cool. I love summer, but I'm ready for fall, we had a very hot/humid summer in the D. I'm getting ready to bust out one of my 9274613 sweaters and begin every day with a pumpkin spice latte.


Here's what my running looked like for this week:


Monday -- rest (I started a pilates DVD and was too lazy to finish it)
Tuesday -- 3 miles (treadmill at gym, I'll throw some hills up in there!)
Wednesday -- 6 miles (half treadmill at home, half hoofing it around the 'hood)
Thursday -- 3 miles (track workout -- try to run fastttteerrrrrrrrr!)
Friday -- rest
Saturday -- 12 miles (I won't be running all of this, I'll definitely run/walk it)
Sunday -- cross train (does bumming around the mall count as cross training?)


I have to try to do a really weird training schedule until December because a) I'm simultaneously training for the Denver Half-Marathon and the Vegas Marathon and b) I combined two different programs. So work with me here, I know 12 miles looks like A LOT for a long run this early in the game, but my whole schedule right now is kind of a mess??? Does that make sense? Good, because I'm totally lost too. Oh, did I say, "this early in the game?" I meant this late in the game... Denver is 7 weeks away. And Vegas is 14 weeks away. Shoot me.


Anyways, so I might go home to wisco for the Al's Run for Children's Hospital. It's the week before the Denver Half-Marathon... My little cousin Matt has a pretty amazing story and Children's Hospital was there every step of the way with him, so its always cool to run for a good cause. Plus the entire Marquette University basketball team is there cheering you on. I did this run last year with Les and it was freezzzzzzing, but still a great time with my bestie. If I go home for the weekend, I'll definitely do this for fun and to support such a great organization.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! Don't forget, no white pants if you have a fat butt after Labor Day! :)

xo, c

No comments:

Post a Comment