Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Product Review

Happy Tuesday!

So I decided to do a little product review today... Too Faced Shadow Insurance. This is a really nice little product that seriously works wonders. I had never tried shadow primer before (and I really should have!) but one of my friends posted about Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion on facebook the other day and I knew I had a shadow primer freebie from Sephora laying around in the masses of beauty products that have taken over my cupboards and closets somewhere so I gave it a try.



What does this have to do with running, you ask? Oh, because I love wearing makeup when I run. Especially at races. Why? Ohhh, I don't know, because there's literally a cameraman following you around through the last third of the run at long distance races. You know, the part of the race where you're looking your hottest. I learned this lesson the hard way at Al's Run 2009. As Les and I are prepping at the hotel room, she looks at me and says "Uhhh are you really wearing makeup to the race?" and I was like, "Uhhh yeah." Well, by the end of the race I had raccoon eyes from mascara dripping down my face. That's when I switched to waterproof mascara for running. I will now be adding Shadow Insurance to my race-day repertoire. I tried this stuff last night and slept in my makeup just to see how well my shadow would hold up (normally I have a very strict anti-aging cleansing routine at night, but I threw caution to the wind yesterday evening). Good news, I seriously woke up and my shadow hadn't moved at all! I'm not kidding you when I say I normally have shadow all over my entire face if I sleep in my makeup and this stuff kept ALL of my shadow on my eyes and it still looked brand new even though it was almost EIGHTEEN HOURS old! I think I may go to Sephora today and get the full size tube because I have nothing better to do I love a nice brisk walk around the mall. Its such a great way to kill some time, waste some money, get out of the freakin' house workout!

So, I'm sold on this product. I think it will be great to help keep my face in place during those oh-so-important race day photo ops! Speaking of photos, Leslie just sent me a framed pic of her and me at the finish line of our very first half marathon. So cute. I have the bestest best friend everrrrrr.

Have a great day!

xo, c

No comments:

Post a Comment