Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Updates...

Hi All,


It's been awhile since we've posted anything, so I thought I'd give you a few updates on what we've been up to...
  • We finished the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Half-Marathon. I would like to give a big "thank you" to my best friend Les for not leaving me at mile one where I DIED. That was a tough course. Add some day-before vino consumption and not enough water consumption and I pretty much wanted to quit before the race started. But, its over, and we got our medals. Which is all that matters, the medal and, of course, bragging rights. Onto the more important parts of the trip...
    • Les took me to an awesome spa in La Jolla for my birthday (its June 10th in case any of you were wondering. Next year I'll be 30 29!). We got couples massages (with each other, natch) and had a great time. Love my bestie.
    • I also got to see Sleeping Giant (Les's boyf) and Leslie's parents whom I LOVE. If I could choose any parents to adult-adopt me, it would be hers. They are such fun people and I always enjoy the time I spend with them. And, congrats to Leslie's dad who decided spur-of-the-moment to run the 13.1 as well! And thanks to her mom for buying us some awesome "San Diego FINISHER" shirts! I wore it on the plane ride home! And a big thank you to Sleeping Giant who cheered us and so graciously allowed me to share his girlfriend for the weekend. Thanks Sleeping Giant, she was mine first I owe you my sanity. :)
    • We went to an awesome mall called "Fashion Valley" in San Diego. I love malls. And I really like going to the mall with Les. So yeah, that was a highlight.
    • We got to explore La Jolla. And we think we saw a celebrity at a Mexican restaurant. We're not sure who she is, but she's blonde and she lives in Del Mar. She wears bifocals and is clearly in her late 40s or early 50s, but looks quite nice for her age. If any of you know who this woman is, please let me know because I will add her to the ever-growing list of celebrities I've seen in-person. And SPEAKING OF CELEBRITIES...
    • I saw Lynne from Real Housewives of Orange County at the race expo. She looks old. Her husband is really creepy looking. And I was totally unimpressed. I probably won't even add her to the list. Yeah, I definitely won't. Lynne, you're not on the list.


  • Our next half-marathon together will be the Denver Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon on October 17th. We had originally planned to do the Disney Half-Marathon the week before in Orlando, but Denver is a better weekend and will be more fun!

  • Our first full marathon together will be the Rock 'n' Roll marathon in Las Vegas on December 5th! BOOM! Yeah! I'm excited for this! 26.2 miles of hell fun! :)
I love the idea of the 26.2 miles, but I may hang up the running shoes for awhile after that race... and just do 5k and 10k stuff... I like that running allows me to eat garbage 24/7 to eat lots of nutritious food, but I hate that my knees hurt all the time. So we'll see, I haven't really decided either way yet. :)


It's been awhile, but I'm back. Hope you enjoyed today's installment :)


xo, c

No comments:

Post a Comment